With my daughter’s school starting next week, what to pack for her lunch is much on my mind – especially since she loathes peanut butter. Not much on lunch meats either, so I have to get creative. But I also like the idea of having a few things in there. So I thought today I would work up a list for that.
- Sliced carrots – great snack or part of a lunch, and she loves them.
- String cheese – a staple last year for her preschool snack.
- Pretzels – loves them. We get the large kind from Henry’s.
- Yogurt – I’m thinking this will be a great choice for her.
- Raisins – a wonderful sweet treat.
- Apple – she generally prefers whole to sliced.
- Cucumber sticks – another favorite.
- Bell pepper slices – she snacks quite well on these.
- Berries (in season) – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, if it’s in season and pretty cheap, they are wonderful snacks.
- Cashews – hoping these will work. She likes them well enough, but rarely chooses them for a snack.
- Applesauce – haven’t used this one often, but it’s very kid friendly.
- Kiwis – my kids are nuts for these. My daughter even likes the peels. Apparently they’re ok to eat.
- Cauliflower – she loves this, but only raw. Heaven help those who try to serve it to her cooked.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants