1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup low sodium beef broth
2 bay leaves
dash thyme leaves
1 cup sliced carrots
1 sliced onion
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
1-1/4 tbsp flour
2-3 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain excess grease. Add 1 cup broth, pepper, bay leaves and thyme. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots and onions. Cover and simmer until carrots are slightly tender. Add peas and corn and continue to simmer until all vegetables are cooked.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine 1/2 cup broth and flour. Mix until smooth.
- Add to beef and vegetables. Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Place beef mixture in bottom of casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes.
This one takes a long time to make, but it’s wonderful! Pretty healthy too if you stick with the lean ground beef.