OK, Alice, I’ll Play Along! 7 Random & Weird Things about Me
Much to my surprise, Alice Seba tagged me the other day with the 7 Random & Weird Things about Me meme. Ah, the price I pay for commenting on someone’s blog! 😉 Some ways I dread memes, because it’s often hard to decide what to say, but I occasionally participate. Like today.
Here’s how this one works:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on each of their blogs. (I’m going along with Alice and leaving this part out!)
All right, here goes.
1. I pick my daughter up from school and drop her off by walking each day rain or shine. It’s a nice bit of exercise, and this being southern California, it’s mostly shine, sometimes way too much sunshine. Doubly so now that I’m pregnant enough to really feel the heat.
2. I read a lot, mostly science fiction when it comes to leisure reading. But if there’s reading material and spare time, I’ll read almost anything. We have a shortage of space for hanging family pictures because my husband and I have so many bookshelves. He shares my addiction.
3. I was very much the “shy girl” in school. You know, the one shaking and almost in tears when called upon, even though I almost always knew the answer. I’ve done a lot of work to get past that kind of thing.
4. I regularly try to push past my comfort zone. This is a big part of how I got past the worst of the shyness. Went away to college when all my sisters stayed in town. Tried out to be an expert on working at home for a local TV show once. Didn’t get it, but I tried.
5. My current pregnancy was a complete and poorly timed surprise. But sometimes statistics get you like that.
6. Despite living in southern California, I’d rather be in a place with more rain. Probably comes of living here almost my entire life, discounting those years away at college.
7. My son is one of 3 boys born on my mother’s side of the family in the past ~50 years. The other two are about a year and a half older than he is. All 3 of my sisters have daughters and no sons. I’ll take whatever I can get with this baby, but I have plenty of people cheering for another boy. Should be finding out within about the next two weeks.
And now the part I’m really bad at… tagging people. Hey Alice, are there tagbacks? Just kidding. Let’s see who’s been commenting around here…
Just if you want to, of course, folks. And anyone else who feels like joining in.