Black-Eyed Peas and Collard Greens
1 large package of frozen black-eyed peas
1 large package of frozen chopped collard greens (or large bunch of freshly chopped greens)
1/4 to 1/3 cup of Worcestershire sauce
4 to 6 cups of water
3 to 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke
Salt to taste
1) Place the black-eyed peas and water into a large pot.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
4) Add chopped collard greens, garlic and seasonings (excluding the Tabasco sauce).
5) Simmer for at least 30 minutes (or until the peas are soft and the greens are cooked well). If necessary, you can add more water, as this dish does not overcook.
6) Spoon the final outcome into a bowl and top with Tabasco sauce.