1 acorn squash
2 to 3 apples
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 pat margarine
Dash salt (optional)
1) Slice the acorn squash in half. Scrape out the seeds and the strings.
2) Place the squash face down in a casserole pan filled with 1/2 inch of water.
3) Sit the pan in a 350-degree oven for about 10-15 minutes.
4) While the squash is steaming, peel and slice the apples.
5) Mix in the brown sugar.
6) Take the squash out of the oven, placing face up, and fill the cavities with the apple mixture.
7) Add a pat of margarine to each half and top with a shake or two of nutmeg.
8) Cover very lightly with foil.
9) Bake the dish until the apples and squash are soft and cooked. This takes approximately another 1/2 hour.