1 package dry penne pasta
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast meat
4 cloves minced garlic
12 oz asparagus
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add asparagus, tomatoes, bell pepper, pine nuts, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until chicken is done. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.