Thursday Thirteen – 13 Things I Love About Being a Stay at Home Mom
Being a stay at home mom is not easy every day. There are days that it drives me up the wall. But on average I love it and have no intention of trading what I do.
- Being able to help in my daughter’s classroom. It’s just quick things, like helping with the morning read, but it’s so nice to be able to do that without worrying about what time it is.
- Time enough to cook for my family. I love not having to eat out a lot.
- Never having to find a good daycare. I have nothing against good daycares, but finding good ones is tough, as I understand it.
- Having time to read to my kids when they want to be read to.
- Being able to work from home so I still bring some money it, yet with a flexible enough schedule to be able to focus on my kids.
- Having a husband supportive of my choices.
- Lunch at home. I like having an easy way to use up leftovers or make what I feel like having.
- Seeing how creative my kids can be… all day long!
- Working on projects with my kids.
- No question who has to take time off if one of the kids is sick. Sick kids aren’t much fun, but at least there’s less stress.
- The ability to cope with my son’s speech therapy needs without explaining it to an employer.
- I love that I was able to discover a career option I probably never would have considered if I had worked outside the home.
- Taking the kids to the park spontaneously.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants