Red and Yellow Pepper Omelets
1 teaspoon of olive oil
4 egg whites
teaspoon of dried basil
2 teaspoons of grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
One sweet red pepper (thinly sliced)
One yellow pepper (thinly sliced)
teaspoon of black pepper
1) In a large non-stick frying pan, warm the oil over medium heat.
2) Add the red peppers and yellow peppers stirring frequently for about 4 to 5 minutes. Make sure to keep the ingredients warm over low heat.
3) In a small bowl, lightly whisk together the egg whites, basil, and black pepper.
4) Coat a small non-stick frying pan with non-stick spray.
5) Warm the ingredients over medium-high heat for one minute.
6) Add half of the egg mixture, swirling the pan to evenly coat the bottom.
7) Cook for 30 seconds or until the eggs become set.
8) Carefully loosen the omelet and flip, cooking for one minute (or until firm).
9) Sprinkle half of the peppers over the eggs. Fold to enclose the filling.
10) Transfer to a plate, sprinkling 1 teaspoon of the Parmesan on top.
11) To make a second omelet, repeat the above steps using the remaining egg mixture, peppers, and teaspoon of Parmesan